Monday, June 6, 2011

When It's Time to Get Dreamy: The Playlist

If you know me pretty well, you may know that I am totally obsessed with music. All kinds. All genres. I can dance in my living room to just about anything. I like inde music, 80's hair metal, grunge, old school rap, slow jams, pop, country, bluegrass, even Kenny G. Yes, I said it. I like Kenny G. ...WHAT.

So it should come as no surprise that I am badly in need of a dance party. Three plus straight hours of handpicked songs that I can rock out to with cold drink in hand (fond memories of my wedding come to mind...). Sadly, I don't know where I can do this and I live in a townhouse where I would keep the kids next door awake...or at the very least irritated. I'm at a loss. This is one reason I want to get married again. To the same person I'm married to now, SILLY.

Since I don't work in an office, I listen to music on Pandora ALL DAY LONG...generally to my Happy playlist. It's perfected greatness. Yes, you may think I'm just biased but it's taken me years to get it juuuuust right. It's not easy deselecting songs Pandora tries to slip in. And so, over the course of the past month, I have, with my just slightly ADD self, pulled together this dreamy playlist. It's not a dance party. One thing at a time. These are all songs that I literally had to stop what I was doing and take note of the song. I hope you enjoy this playlist as much as I do.

Dance party playlist (and other handpicked playlists on 8tracks) will come...at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment